Guest Contribution from Jill Wente, Realtor
Prudential Gary Greene - Spring, Texas
Phone: 281.804.8626 / email@example.com
Top 30 things to do before putting your home on the market. Make your home's "First Impression" its "Best Impression"
- Trim your shubbery
- Add color with flowers and potted plants
- Powerwash the front sidewalks and driveway
- Clean the pine needles from the roof
- Repaint to a neutral color walls with vivid colors
- Wash the windows
- Refinish your front door and polish the hardware
- Get a new door mat that says "Welcome"
- Clean up after your pets
- Organize the garage to make the space seem larger
- Make sure all your light bulbs are working and replace any burnt out ones
- Replace old, stained, worn out carpet. If they don't need replacing have the carpets professionaly steam cleaned
- Remove excess furniture that make your rooms look small
- Wipe down the walls. If the walls need more than a thorough cleaning, apply a fresh coat of paint.
- Powerwash the exterior of the home
- Set out "show towels" in the baths
- Clear away the items on your sink vanities and store them in the cabinet.
- Get as much stuff off the floors in your closets as possible. Thin out your hanging clothes. Neaten up the things on your closet shelves. These actions will make your closets look larger.
- Depersonalize your home. Put away family photos, sports trophies and yoru collectibles.
- Organize your pantry
- Remove all the items from the top of your kitchen counters. Only leave out those items that you absolutely use on a daily basis
- Remove everything from the top, front, and sides of the refrigerator.
- Repair or replace any leaky faucets
- Make your fireplace the focal point of the room instead of the television
- Dust all the light fixtures
- Recaulk the grout around your shower and bathtubs
- Clean your tile grout
- Check all the ceilings for water stains. If an active leak exists repair it. If the stain is from an old repaired leak, repaint the ceiling.
- Dust the baseboards
- Freshen the air by deodorizing pet areas
If you like reading this type of information, SUBSCRIBE to this blog.
Click Here for the HOMEPAGE.